Saturday, August 8, 2009

"What If?'s" of Life

Have you had days that you just sit back and wonder "What if I would have done that different?"

I've had plenty of them. I call it "What if" daydreaming. Because there are so many situations in your life that you wonder what would have been different if you would have made one small change.

"What if" you wouldn't have taken the trash out? "What if" you wouldn't have said yes to that question? "What if" you wouldn't have dumped an old boyfriend/girlfriend? "What if" that dinner you made would have been burnt? "What if"...well, you get my point.

I have those daydreams everytime i'm reminded of something that I could have done a different way. Pretty much I'm daydreaming the whole day cause it is a constant recurrance. Like the flowers i spent hours planting outside. Or the way I switched the living room around. Or the way I fell in love with my sweetheart purely by accident.

These "What If" daydreams are not something to worry about. They don't neccesarily mean that you are unhappy with how things are at the moment in your life. People that absolutely love thier lives and wouldn't want to change a think have the same daydreams. Its simple curiousity at what thier lives would have been like if they hadn't made the choices they did.

I find its a good way to reflect on whether I would have been happier with the choices I could have made or with the choices I did make. I am happy with the ones I did make and I wouldn't trade it for the world. But its nice sometimes to just pause and let my imagination run over the other possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment