Friday, August 7, 2009

Cleaning Up

I've found out that the love of my life, my soldier, will be home in as little as two weeks. Yay for this! I am very excited that he is going to be coming home. You really have no idea about the amount of excitement. I'm hyper 24/7 right now.

With this excitement also comes panic though. Because even though I am sure he will not really care if there is a speck of dust on the shelves, I am still panicing. I have taken up the daunting task of cleaning and rearranging every surface in the house so that everything looks perfect for when he gets home. I am trying to put on the good housewife apron if only to make the house perfect for the day he gets home. Yes, we still live with my mother so its not totally our house. That doesn't mean that it doesn't matter what it looks like. To me it matters a lot because its going to set in his mind how i will treat our house when we get our own.

This isn't to say that our house at the moment is a terrible wreck and thats why I am panicing. Its not. It will be quite easy to clean once I get up and do it (after this post). But you have to understand that I am panicing and I have a very bad case of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Once I set my mind to something I have to have it done to perfection. I can not do it half way and think that it will be fine. Its all or nothing! A bit over doing it? Yes, I think so too, but thats just me.

The good news? MY SOLDIER IS COMING HOME!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment